Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Some Websites I Find Helpful

I thought I would post a few websites that I find helpful for teaching math and other subjects.

Virtual Manipulatives is a great site! It has workmats that you can use and different manipulatives such as counters or base ten blocks that you can use to supplement your math curriculim You can project it onto your board (not sure if it works on a Smartboard as I don't have that, but if it does let me know!) or you can have the students go on. Play around with it.





Another great site is Worksheet works. I love using it for making my own word searches and math drills, but there are so many different worksheets you can customize and print!







And something I use during Bible and Art is Adventures in Odyssey. They are great stories to listen to and the kids work quietly because they are listening so intently.


So there are three great sites, I hope you enjoy playing around (yes you need to play with technology) and I hope you find these useful.

1 comment:

  1. you can listen to odyssey online? i remember listening to the cassette tapes in the car. awesome to know.

    ReplyDelete